Monday, October 27, 2008

About a Boy

So the last post was written the day before Jude's 4 Month appt. at the doctor. And everytime I click back on my blog, I see what I posted and I want to cry. Jude had lost a pound! He was 4 months old and while he was 90th percentile in height, he only weighed 10 lbs 10 oz! Apparently the stress of a very busy summer and a move across the country cut my milk supply way down. Jude is such a good baby that I had no idea. He still slept through the night and rarely cried and there was no way for me to know. So we started supplementing with formula and he gained 2 lbs in 10 days. It's been a few weeks now, and he's around 15 lbs by my estimation. So finally all his 3-6 month clothing is nice and snug and sooo adorable. Here's a few favorites:






We've recently started Jude on solids. We started with rice cereal of course, and this was Jude's response:



A couple weeks later we tried out green beans - and in return got this video. Keep in mind that any noise you hear is us laughing, Jude is absolutely silent:



Isn't that the funniest thing you've ever seen?! The involuntary shudder at the end is hysterical! We love him!

3 comments:

Melynn said...

So glad he is doing ok. Being a new mom is crazy sometimes. I'm glad that he is such a good little baby for you.

Melanie Engen said...

You are so mean laughing while your baby boy is choking on green beans. Just kidding, that video is classic. Love it.

Shannan said...

Hey I am so glad I found you on here. You have a little family now. I am so excited for you guys. We are having a baby boy soon too. Do you just love being parents? Were are you guys living these days and what are you up to? Its been a long time, fill me in. Our count down to having a baby is 13 days. Did you go time or late with your son? Just wondering from a mom to a mom.